Thank you for your contribution to our Canada 150 video gallery! A winner will be selected by random draw on October 16, 2017.
About the Oh, Canada! video vision project
Film a short one-minute selfie video on your smart phone (or any other camera) for a random chance to win $500!
We want to hear about your hopes for Canada’s next 50 years and your commitment to shaping this country's future.
Talk about the following:
- What does your ideal Canada look like in 50 years?
- What impacts do you want to you make?
- What is your role in this vision?
Random $500 prize draw from approved videos will take place on October 16, 2017. See the Terms and Conditions page for more details.
Canada 150 sweepstakes terms & conditions
UVic students, staff, faculty and alumni are invited to submit a short video on what their Canada looks like in 50 years.
A $500 sweepstakes prize will be awarded via random draw.
Eligibility and Submission Requirements
1) This contest is sponsored by the University of Victoria (“UVic”).
2) Contest is open to current UVic students, staff, faculty and alumni who reside in Canada excluding those who are residents of Quebec.
3) Contest entry period begins on Monday, February 27 at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Standard Time (PST) and ends on Monday, October 16, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. PST.
4) Enter the contest by uploading your short video pledge on what your Canada looks like in 50 years to our contest page.
5) There is a limit of one submission per entrant. An entrant may be a team of up to 10 people who are individually eligible to enter the contest. Any reference to “you” or “your” refers to an entrant whether an individual or a team.
6) If your video is selected for future UVic use, you must supply a high resolution version.
7) To qualify for entry to this contest, your video must:
a) Have been taken by you only, and be your original work;
b) not depict an existing work, for example a painting;
c) not be in violation of any applicable law;
d) not infringe anyone else’s
(i) copyright or other intellectual property rights,
(ii) privacy or personality rights or
(iii) other rights;
e) not be defamatory or trade libelous; and
f) not depict or suggest any of the following:
(i) offensive language and/or symbols;
(ii) illegal or inappropriate activity;
(iii) information that could identify any individual;
(iv) nudity and/or sexual behavior;
(v) advertisements or commercial messages;
(vi) any identifiable trade-marks, brands or logos; or
(vii) any other content that UVic determines in its sole discretion to be objectionable and/or inappropriate.
8) All persons appearing in a video submission must have given their permission for the video submission to be entered into the contest. Failure of each video participant to grant permission for the video submission to be entered into the contest will render the video submission ineligible for consideration.
Judging and Prize Awarding
9) A total of 1 prize of $500 will be awarded via random draw
10) The prize is non-transferable, and must be accepted as awarded. However, UVic may in its sole discretion substitute prizes of the same or greater value.
11) UVic reserves the right not to select a winner or winners, if, in its sole determination, it does not receive eligible and/or qualified entries.
12) If a winner cannot be reached within three (3) days following the first attempt at contact via the email address provided by the entrant, or if the winner declines the prize, UVic may award the prize to another entrant.
13) The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible submissions received and the evaluation of the eligible and qualified videos by the judging panel.
14) By entering this contest, you declare that you have complied with all of these Rules and met all eligibility requirements.
15) You grant UVic a non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable, worldwide, transferable, perpetual licence to:
i) Use, copy, adapt, communicate, distribute, publicly display and create compilations and derivative works or merchandise from any video you submit as an entry to this contest (including any caption you have posted with your video); and
ii) Use your name, city or town of residence, and/or any statements made by you in connection with your entry.
and you irrevocably waive all moral rights to your video in favour of UVic.
16) You represent and warrant that you have the right to grant the licence set out in section 15 above.
17) The licence you grant in section 15 permits UVic to (a) cut, reformat, rearrange and/or combine your video with other materials and/or to otherwise modify your video; (b) use your video or a modified version of your video in UVic promotional materials; and/or (c) share your video or any version or portion of your video as edited by UVic, on any social media website.
18) Your participation in this contest is solely at your own risk. You are solely responsible for all cost you incur to take any video and to enter this contest.
19) Personal Information. UVic will use personal information collected from entrants to administer this contest and to carry out the promotional activities allowed by the licence granted in section 17 of these Rules. UVic will not otherwise share personal information relating to entrants with any third parties, except as may be required by law. UVic will not attempt to contact any entrants for any other purpose than as set out in these Rules unless the entrant has consented to receive relevant communications from UVic or as otherwise allowed under applicable laws.
20) UVic reserves the right to amend the contest rules herein or to terminate the contest at any time without any liability to any contestant or third party. Any amendments to these contest rules and regulations herein will be posted on the video contest website.
21) UVic assumes no liability for any loss, damage or injury, including but not limited to: (i) lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, late, destroyed, ineligible or incomplete entries; (ii) loss, theft or damage to software or computer or telephone data, including but not limited to any breach of privacy; (iii) fraudulent calls or communications; (iv) inability of any person to participate in the contest herein for any reason including mistaken addresses on mail or e-mail, technical, computer or telephone malfunctions or other problems with computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, or software, congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination of the foregoing; (v) damage to any computer, including as a result of participating in the contest herein; or (vi) prizes that cannot be awarded or accepted.